Have you returned from China recently or in contact with anyone else who may have done so?
We will be holding gynaecology clinics twice a month for women to see a female doctor (Dr Abbott) for women's gynae issues including:
- Cervical Smear Test (please check your smear test is due before attending)
- Contraception advice including emergency contraception
- New or worsening gynaecological problems such as problems with periods, pelvic pain etc
- Fertility advice
- Breast problems
- Menopause advice
Please contact the surgery for the next date available
Please note - this is no longer a walk in clinic.
Changes to Incoming Calls into the Practice
Due to an increased number of patients registering with the Practice and the added pressure this brings to our phone system the Practice is currently liaising with our phone system provider to streamline some of our incoming calls. The following changes are therefore expected to be implemented in the near future.
- Prescriptions - (Option 4 on our picking list) - calls for prescription queries will be limited to being received between 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm.
- Secretary - (Option 5 on our picking list) - calls for our secretaries will be limited to being received between 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm.
- Test Results - (Option 7 on our picking list) - calls for patients phoning to find out their test results will be limited to being received between 10.30am -4pm.
We have also asked our phone provider to add in a new option for patient's phoning in regarding "Private Work/Insurance Reports", calls relating to this will be limited to being received between 10am-2pm.
We do understand that some patients may have genuine reasons as to why they can't call during these specified times and therefore exceptions will be made where this applies.